300 hours Yoga Therapy YTT intensive Portugal
Time & Location
About The Event
300 hours outline:The course is designed to:
• Develop a deeper understanding into asana, looking at advanced posture work.
• Develop a greater knowledge of the authenitic yogic scriptures of Ancient India, studying them, reflecting and discussing their meanings (particularly Bhagavadgita, Mahabharata, Hatha Yoga pratipika, Yoga vashishta Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, Geruda Samhita and the Yoga sutras of Patanjali).
• Examining Yoga as a therapy to re-store balance and health in the human body. Looking at studies and research work done within the yoga therapy field. Includes assistive yoga therapy posture work as well as prescriptive self practice yoga work based on previous successful research studies undertaken at the Independent Centre for Yoga Education and Research (ICYER), S India
• Studying and practicing advanced pranayama’s
• Studying and practicing pratyahara, Dharana and Dyana techniques.
• Developing teaching skills working with specialist groups/individuals and other forms of yoga teaching other than a class setting
.• Gain a greater understanding of the Chakras and kundalini according to the ancient Rishis.• Anatomy and physiology modern medical comparisons with ancient yogic perspective
• Further study and practice of chanting, bhajans and mantras.
• Study of the Sanskrit alphabet, sounds and word formation in relation to yoga terminology.Practicalities/commitment:
• You will need to complete atleast a 200 hours program first.